Savoury Energy Muffins
If you're like me and tend to snack constantly throughout the day, try these tasty and super healthy sweet potato muffins. Create a batch at a weekend, and grab a couple on the go throughout the week. Roughly 1 hour to create, 15 mins to prep, 45 mins in the oven. Done!
Packed with nutrients and offer 'slow energy release' carbs, a bonus for those in training.... Or just trying to keep hunger at bay throughout the day.
Protein - eggs, seeds, cheese (build & repair muscle)
Slow release carbohydrates - sweet potato (keeping hunger at bay)
To taste - cheese, poppy seeds & chilli
- 600g Sweet potato or butternut squash
- 4 spring onions
- 2 red chilli
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbls cottage cheese
- 250g wholemeal self raising flour
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbls sunflower seeds
- 1 tbls poppy seeds
- Peel sweet potato/squash and grate. Trim the spring onions, chillies.
- Mix together the egg, sweet potato spring onions, half of the chilli, cottage cheese, flour, 3/4 of the Parmesan, salt, pepper.
- Cut squares of greaseproof paper to fit into 12-hole muffin tin then fill each one with the mixture above.
- Sprinkle over remaining chilli, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 - 50 mins (Squash may only need 35 mins)