Pre Race/Training Dinner - Chorizo & Lime Sweet Potato
One of my fave things about triathlons is the pre race dinner. A dish I learnt when training for the marathon and had before every race since. It's healthy, nutritious, very healthy and full of flavours.
- Thick Chorizo
- 2 x Sweet Potato
- 2 x small Red Chillis
- Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
- Handful Mint and Coriander Leaves
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut up the sweet potato into 1cm chunks and bring to the boil until soft.
- Whilst doing this start to fry the chorizo, which is cut into small thumb-sized chorizo.
- Cook the spaghetti
- Once the sweet potato is soft, drain, but save a cup of the drained water. Pour the sweet potato back into the pan. Cut and drain lime all over the sweet potato and let the juice soak in.
- Mix in the pumpkin seeds, chorizo, mint and coriander leaves in with the sweet potato
- Tip some of the water back in with the sweet potato, being careful not to put too much water in. We want to make sure it isn't to dry.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, serve onto a plate then pour over the sweet potato. Et voila!
- Spaghetti - carbs for higher energy levels
- Sweet Potato - High in calcium, potassium and iron. Loaded with beta carotene which are strong antioxidants that are essential to cellular protection, muscle recovery and regeneration.
- Pumpkin Seeds - High in magnesium, iron and protein