Beetroot Quinoa, Burnt Broccoli, Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad
I created a big bowl of this dish to keep me going for two plate fulls during the day. One at lunch then one late afternoon. It's packed full of carbs to keep energy levels up, protein and nutrients such as vitamin C to keep your immune system up!
- Raw Beetroot
- Sweet Potato
- Cashew Nuts
- Yellow Peppers
- Beetroot - Studies has shown that beetroot helps boost performance. Great before training!
- Peppers/Chicken/Broccoli - Great for boosting your immune system by Vitamin C
- Quinoa - High in protein, high in carbs. Perfect for the day time to keep energy levels up and before training!
- Cashew Nuts - good fats and protein!
- Sweet Potato - low GI Carbs
- Pre set oven to 180 degrees
- Pop in peppers, broccoli and bake for about 30 mins or until brown (drizzle in oil with salt and paper)
- Cook Quinoa (15 mins ish) in a pan with 2 grated raw beetroots. 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into chunks. Then boil for 8-10 mins or until soft.
- Whilst 2 and 3 are in action rub chicken in ground paprika. Then fry until browned with Mushrooms and add cashew nuts at the end to brown slightly.