Healthy Banana Bread
Banana bread is by far my favourite fuel to take out on the bike. It’s packed full of nutrients and energy to keep fuelled for long rides. Even if you aren't a cyclist, this is a super healthy, nutrient packed to take on the go, during afternoons at work when you are feeling peckish
Here I have added white chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberry. I have attempted to decorate the top with banana and silver edible balls. You can add in different ingredients of your choice.
TOP TIP: Get festive by adding in dried cranberries!
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 60g coconut flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 50g coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- Extras: walnut & choc chip
- Pre heat oven to 180°
- Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk or mixer.
- Fold in the extra ingredients of your choice such as walnuts, chocolate chips etc... Here I've chosen walnuts, chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Decorate the top until your heart's content. Here I've tried to make a snowman out of extra banana and metallic sugar balls.
- Pop into a preheated oven for 50-60 mins. Or until knife comes out clear.