With Pancake Day impending and being reminded everyday through some form of advertising I've decided to try out a new version, away from my usual lemon and sugar usual. This is delicious and will help meet any 'sweet craving', adding healthy nutrition by including eggs (protein) and blueberries (antioxidants). The pancakes we make over in the UK are much thinner and larger than our friends over the pond. Ingredients (not sure of exact amounts, just the usual!)
- Wholemeal flour
- Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- Maple Syrup
- Combine milk, eggs and (sieved) flour together
- Cook blueberries in a bit of water in the pan until the juices start to release slightly
- Bring pancake pan to a high heat with a bit of oil on.
- Pour blueberries into the pancake mix
- Pour a thin layer of the pancake mix and blueberries into the pan and cook either side. Et voila!
I add a bit of maple syrup at the end to add some sweetness. SO delish!
Tangerine, Chocolate and Vanilla Dessert
This is my new favourite dessert since Christmas time. So quick to make, really refreshing after a big meal and fun to serve out on the table. A Jamie Oliver special, I really think it should be eaten all year round!! Recipe can be found <here>